portfolio Verlagsgesellschaft mbH and portfolio Verlag the Operator and Copyright Holder respectively of the all the websites operated by portfolio Verlagsgesellschaft mbH (“the Sites”) including but not limited to www.portfolio-institutional-awards.co.uk, www.portfolioinstitutional.co.uk, www.portfolio-verlag.com, www.portfolio-institutionell.de respect your privacy and will not sell or make available in any way the personal information we collect from you (“Data”) except where we have previously obtained your consent. The nature of the Services provided via the Sites means that we might obtain certain information about you. This statement sets out the principles governing our use of your Data (“Use”). By Registering to use the Services and by using the Sites generally, you agree to this Use.
Defined terms have the same meanings as in the terms and conditions set out above.
- When you Register and use the Sites, we will ask you to provide certain Data, such as your contact details and demographic information. We will store this Data and use it to contact you, provide you with details of Services and otherwise for the normal use and improvement of the Sites,
- We may also use the Data you provide us in response to surveys or provided during Registration to aggregate user profiles and to make you aware of relevant events and content by post, phone, email/SMS. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not pass Data to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- where stated in “User data policy”;
- where we have previously obtained your permission;
- to enable you to receive information you have requested to be sent to you by post (we will disclose your address).
- To enable us to monitor and improve the Sites, we may gather certain information about you when you use the Sites. This includes details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, and the details of the website you referred from.
- We maintain a record of all the articles that have been sent via the Email a Friend facility on the Sites. We will keep a record of the email addresses that articles are sent to and from.
We keep a record of the content and comments sent by Registered Users and Visitors using the Email a Friend facility for research purposes and from time to time we may publish on our Sites some of the comments made by Registered Users and Visitors in their emails.These comments will be ANONYMISED and will not be associated to any individual sender or recipient. You accept that by using the Email a Friend facility that your comments may be published, anonymously, on our Sites.
- We are not responsible for the data policies, procedures or content of any other website that are linked to our Sites.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your Data, including the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any Data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing on‐line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default.
- We may supplement the information that you provide us with information we receive from third parties. You have the right to receive information about the personal information we hold on you. You can obtain a copy of the information we hold about you by sending an email to email@example.com or contacting us on 020 75962875. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have certain responsibilities under legislation to verify the identity of Registered Users and users and may need to make certain enquiries and obtain certain information from you for that purpose. By using the Sites you confirm that all information you supply will be accurate and that we may pass on such information, as we consider necessary, to comply with any reporting requirements.
- To ensure that our records are up-to-date, we may contact you from time to time to check that the information you have provided is still accurate. If, at any stage, any of your details change and you would like us to reflect that change, please email the details of any changes email@example.com .
- You agree that we may disclose to the FSA, to any other regulatory authority to which we are subject and to any investment exchange on which we may deal or to its related clearing house (or to investigators, inspectors or agents appointed by them), or to any person empowered to require such information by or under any legal enactment, any information they may request or require relating to you or, if relevant, any of your clients.